iStuff iCast Review

From 1 review

juicedry's review of iStuff iCast

iStuff iCast

iStuff iCast Autoscan FM transmitter”

Written on: 03/08/2008 by juicedry (2 reviews written)

iStuff iCast Autoscan FM transmitter

A fantastic FM transmitter. I've been using this whilst driving around the UK to transmit from an MP3 to a generic Volvo radio. In my car, the radio aerial is at the rear and I have the transmitter sat loose on the passenger front seat with the MP3 player; this works fine. A couple of tips when using this transmitter:

(1) I've found it works best when powered from the 12V cig lighter of the car. When powered from the AA cell it doesn't have sufficient power for a clear FM signal.

(2) Don't use the autoscan, instead tune it to a frequency you've found to be empty as you travel around. I found 107.9MHz is best around the UK. I don't think 107.9MHz gets used by any radio stations in the UK.

(3) Extra tip: up the volume on your MP3 to give maximum power to the transmitter. Don't over do the volume or else you'll overload the transmitter and distort your FM signal.

I've tried other FM transmitters and they've been poor compared to this one; I'm glad I paid the extra for this better product.

PS Please don't pollute the airwaves with these FM transmitters. Only transmit on a frequency you know is empty to avoid interfering with others listening to their favourite station.