Thomson Cruises, Spirit Review

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Guest's review of Thomson Cruises, Spirit

“Overall I think that Thomson are a great company to...”

Written on: 02/08/2008

Entertainment was brilliant, Stewards and Bar Staff were excellent and I couldn't find a problem with any of the restaurants or the poolside buffet. The staff can't do enough for you, and everywhere is always clean or getting cleaned so that's that.

Flying - quite cramped onboard the aircraft but still no major complaints.

General Comments
Overall I think that Thomson are a great company to cruise with and they really do look after you. The atmosphere on the ship was buzzing every day and night and it didn't take very long to meet some interesting and friendly people (not to mention the captain).

Things that I was worried about before the holiday:

Airport Transfer - The coach that takes you to the ship from the airport is fully air conditioned and comfortable, a great relief after our exhausting journey (especially if you get motion sickness in stuffy vehicles like myself).

The Food Onboard - All the restaurants provide a different style of service, my personal favourite was the Lido which had a different theme every night i.e. Indian, Italian, English. The service in Sirocco's and The Compass Rose was spot on.

Atmosphere Onboard - I was glad to see a mix of people on board, some families, couples and groups of friends, old and young, from different parts of the world, about 80% British. Very layed back feel to the ship and you are made very welcome.

Entertainment - The best thing about the entertainment for me was the variety of things on offer. The broadway showlounge has a different show on every night, entertainment is provided by a live band in the High Spirits nightclub or you can relax in one of the quieter parts of the ship with the classical musicians. (High spirits is usually the more drunken part of the ship and thats were you will find me next time I cruise)

I think that's about it, hope my review has been of some help, sorry if I went on a bit but I had trouble finding a detailed review on the net and this is my attempt of one. 9/10 for the Thomson Spirit from me.

Hope you have a great time.

• July, 2008

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Mac99's Comment

Written on: 04/08/2008

A brilliant review! Thanks.

Kazab's Comment

Written on: 27/08/2008

We are going on our first ever cruise with the kids early October, bit worried about the transfer ie how long it will take, as we have a 3 yr old, any other info would be great.