Emma Roy, Edinburgh Review

Guest's review of Emma Roy, Edinburgh

“I only had 5 months before my wedding, and went into...”

Written on: 01/08/2008

Excellent staff (mostly)
Best choice of dresses

General Comments
I only had 5 months before my wedding, and went into Emma Roy without an appointment. Having heard from other shops I didn't have enough time, I was a bit apprehensive, as I had heard Emma Roy were quite upmarket.

Within minutes of arriving I was made to feel very welcome. I had a good chat with a sales assistant, who made me feel very at ease and not at all silly for not having lots of time. She helped me pick a few of their many beautiful dresses, and helped me try them on. Another assistant also helped with opinions, and was very honest. I didn't feel at all pressured to buy anything.

I got a beautiful dress, which I am dying to wear. They sorted out fittings no problem, and the seamstress I saw was excellent, very helpful.

All in all I think Emma Roy is great. I am really enjoying my experience there as a cumstomer. The staff really know their stock, and really wanted to help me find the dress of my dreams. the girl helping me had recently got married, and had her dress from Emma Roy- which speaks volumes I think.

The only minor complaint I could have was that one member of staff seemed really grumpy and surly. I heard her complain about a customer, which I think is a little unprofessional. However, it hasn't affected my experince at Emma Roy, and I would tell other girls it is great service, good value for money and definitely recommended.