Yaqin MC 10L 52 Review

• Sound Quality

veitchy's review of Yaqin MC 10L 52

Yaqin MC 10L 52

“After many years of listening to music from big power...”

Written on: 29/07/2008 by veitchy (3 reviews written)

Cheap entry into valve amplifiers. Good musical reproduction

The owner manual is 1 page of just troubleshooting and no sound check power plug is switch on,,,,, gee i would never thought of that.

General Comments
After many years of listening to music from big power amps and boom box speakers, I needed change in my music listening. It was getting stale. More natural was what I needed no turning up bass changing treble just good clean music. After months looking into valve amplification it was mind boggling, good amps varied in price from $2000.00 Au to $12000.00 ( not selling the boat for a amp love my fishing to much ) so now looking for a cheaper valve amp. I said to my son getting rid of the old but good Sherwood amp and the boomers , going to go all valve , looked at me in despair and said your going senile in your old age. After weeks on end looking at cheaper China built amps on eBay and reading forums on Chinese amps some were good some not so good, main concern was voltage 220v here in oz 240v. After many emails to china based sellers with this concern in mind they assured these would run in my country. I decided to take the plunge. Now what amp is going to suit me, i decided on the Yaqin MC 10L 52 watt to run boom boxes. After watching many sell on ebay at around $130.00 Au postage $320.00 insurance $90.00 usually i bid nails you one of these amps, every man and his dog wanted the won i happened to bid on cost an extra $90.00 to convince them this is my amp. After 1 week amp arrives open the box( very well packed) taking amp out all the valves, now for the instructions said to son grab the book what book he said, your kidding no instructions. ( this is the first time i ever laid eyes on a valve amp) one page in a folder troubleshooting only. Well lets see, open boxes of valves one said v1 v1 on amp so it must go in here v2 v2 on amp so on, now all valves are in place boomers hooked up CD player in line volume on amp to 0 remembering 5 min warm up on valves ( all read in forums thank goodness for forums not from Yaqin user manual). Still very paranoid about this voltage thing so son on the power point ready to pull plug if fire works erupt, switch on, valves all glow up wait 5 mins no fire works display slowly turn volume up wow we have music and what good music it was. After 1 week the boomers had to go, early birthday present from the kids came a pair of welling Windsor-ws-5r bookshelves. Now I listen at lower levels and more detail from my music. I would have rather floor standers but the wife's 2x 4 leg fur balls just loved the grills on the boom box speakers (should off made the boomers into electric statics) would have the floor standers i wanted. All jokes aside after 9 months this amp is just what i was looking for, teamed with the wellings it just gets better every time you listen.

• Sound Quality

• 6 - 12 Months

Time Amplifier Owned

480692_Mtwhickory's Response to veitchy's Review

Written on: 04/09/2009

I just ordered my MC-10L today and have some of the same concerns, though the voltage issues I've read deal mainly with the 220/240 difference in Aussieland. Hopefully, my experience will be equally fireworks free here in North Carolina, US.