David Wilson Homes www.dwh.co.uk Review

Guest's review of David Wilson Homes www.dwh.co.uk

“We bought a 3 bedroom property of David Wilson Homes...”

Written on: 24/07/2008

Very little.

Too many to mention.

General Comments
We bought a 3 bedroom property of David Wilson Homes in what was a good location for us just before build completion. After the initial teething problems of gates not shutting, toilets not flushing properly, bad paintwork, bad plasterwork and generally untidy finishes we discovered the deeper snags. Some of the snags included warped flooring in both the kitchen/diner and the cloakroom, the shaver socket being in the wrong place in the ensuite, the wrong basin and pedastal (which did not even match each other!) in the cloak room. The majority of these snags are still awaiting completion 6 months later, this is mainly down to the tradesman who have come in to fix the snag either making them worse or creating more problems. Unfortunately the snags were not the only problems with this plot, David Wilson had not told us that there would be no access to BT phonelines for the first 10 weeks of occupation as they had forgotten to put in the ducting required for BT to connect the houses. It is now 0100 and I am currently sat in my living room typing this waiting for David Wilson's emergency service plumbers (who have not responded to their call from the main emergency assistance center) whilst the contents of my watertank joins me in the living room via the walls and ceiling. If at this moment in time David Wilson were to offer me my money back and I would abandon the house in the drop of a hat. I will never buy another house from David Wilson again and would strongly advise anyone I ever meet not to buy one.

• Under 1 Year

Lived in Home