Youngs Brew Buddy Lager Review

• Easy of Use

Baz1210's review of Youngs Brew Buddy Lager

Youngs Brew Buddy Lager

“I only bought the kit today (13th July 2008) and I...”

Written on: 14/07/2008 by Baz1210 (3 reviews written)

Quick to prepare (about half an hour). Good concise instructions.

No bad points so far.

General Comments
I only bought the kit today (13th July 2008) and I began the brewing process this afternoon. As a near novice I had to give some thought as to whether I wanted to bottle, or pressure-barrel the final result. The pressure-barrel option seemed easier so I bought one at the same time. I tried homebrewing about 20 years ago and it was a lot of hassle and faffing about, also it was quite expensive to buy the initial set up and to start brewing - although still cheaper than pub or supermarket pints. At that time, home brewing was really just a hobby for enthusiasts. But the whole thing seems to have become much more simplified and economical nowadays - if this kit lives up to its claims. I will post another review, in the next 2-3 weeks when apparently I should be able to drink a pub-style lager for less than 30 pence! (I haven't included the cost of the initial outlay for equipment in that calculation because I reckon that you have to accept that there is an inevitable initial cost for any leisure activity like gardening, golf, or cookery which you just have to accept). Cheers then, until August!

• Easy of Use