Triton MSA200 Multi Stand Review

knoba's review of Triton MSA200 Multi Stand

Triton MSA200 Multi Stand

“Overall the Triton MSA200 Multi Stand has been good...”

Written on: 06/07/2008 by knoba (38 reviews written)

Tripod base for stability. Very light. Good strength in sections and thickness of metals. Good finish. Top face provides unbiased and free moving work support for long pieces. Folds up and stands upright (upside down).

Not enough reach; I replaced the main centre work support with a longer piece of 16swg stainless steel tube because it wouldn't reach up to my pilar drill and bandsaw tables.

General Comments
Overall the Triton MSA200 Multi Stand has been good and helped me in many situations. Sometimes what I like about a tool is that it has the potential, with some extra work, to be exactly what I want - this is one of those tools. I had looked at most of its competition, but still, this stand came out on top.

Height adjustment is difficult with a long (and heavy) piece of wood on it and I will be fitting a different mechanism such as rack and pinion or vertical screw to make it right. A further locking telescopic section would also be good. The current locking mechanism for the main height support is a tad pathetic.