Stephen King, It Review

lioness2408's review of Stephen King, It

Stephen King, It

“This is the first Stephen King book I ever read, and...”

Written on: 05/07/2008 by lioness2408 (1 review written)

Awesome characters (my favorite was Ben Hanscom

The "Interludes" were boring at first. While you're reading it just seems trivial to learn the history of the town of Derry, and being introduced to a whole bunch of old geisers isn't very exciting. However, after-the-fact you realize that those parts are necessary after all.

General Comments
This is the first Stephen King book I ever read, and it is by far my favorite right now (I have also read Salem's Lot, Rage, Road Work, and The Long Walk). It also houses some of my favorite literary characters of all time, including Ben Hanscom and Bill Denbrough. This is more than just a gory, senseless horror novel: it is also a sensitive, coming-of-age story of seven misfit children. IT by Stephen King is a terrific novel with an excellent ending, and I would recommend it to anyone!

PS. Do not judge the book by the movie. The novel is about a million times better!

• Hardback

Format