Intech Ripper Review

stephenacamille's review of Intech Ripper

Intech Ripper

“I'm a fairly new golfer, only been golfing for 3-4...”

Written on: 05/07/2008 by stephenacamille (1 review written)

Nice Aldila shaft
Only 40$
Easy to remove headcover included
Forgiving and long shots

Grip is good but not great
Finish on the head is sloppy on close inspection. Shaft is very nice

General Comments
I'm a fairly new golfer, only been golfing for 3-4 years. I needed a new driver since I lent my clubs to a friend at the driving range and it came back with a dent on the bottom of the head. I was looking at the square drivers and at 40$ it was worth a try. It won't fix a bad swing but my shots did seem to be more consistently straight. The very few slices that I ended up hitting seemed alot more forgiving.

The only thing I have to compare with that I used alot was a Ram G-force 430CC 10.5 degree driver. With the intech, I get the ball way more in the air and abit more distance, maybe 10-20 yards. This might be attributed by the longer shaft, about 2 inches longer. Either way, I am very happy with this driver and can't wait to get on the course with it. I unloaded 2 buckets, around 150 balls on it so far with no visibility of any problems.