Garmin nuvi 660 Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Guest's review of Garmin nuvi 660

Garmin nuvi 660

“I know its out of warranty, but 18 months for a piece...”

Written on: 18/06/2008

Great to look at, easy to command ,with many great features I ' ve had mine for 18 months with not a lot of problems to speak of, but £400 ish, read on '

now after 18 months the speakers ,sound have stopped working, so I cannot use my phone with it any more and cannot hear the commands etc, tech support inform me it will cost me £130 pound to send to them for repair plus p and p I believe.

General Comments
I know its out of warranty, but 18 months for a piece of kit I think is great, or was, now 400 plus 130 plus 20 say for p & p, works out at about £30 a month, I would love to give it a 10 but 2 is all I can muster, I ' m really disappointed with the time its lasted, and to be told its out of warranty nothing we can do, is it worth the gamble, I ' m going to write to the product support manager at Garmin, Southampton, I will let you know how I go on.

• UK and Europe

Area Covered

• awww its loaded

What extra features are on this model?

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Mr Pepperman's Comment

Written on: 02/08/2008

I have just posted my comments about my nuvi 660, I am on my third one in 18 months, now Garmin don't seem to want to reply, to my emails, if you manage to get a contact name please let me know, as just sending a letter to ' The Managing Director' will probably not reach the desired destination, Good Luck.