Beretta AL 391 Extrema Review

grandpaw60's review of Beretta AL 391 Extrema

“Overall I like this gun. It is my first semi auto. I...”

Written on: 17/06/2008 by grandpaw60 (1 review written)

Has a good fit. Comes up nicely. Rapid firing. Nice finish. I have the A391 Xtrema 2 Camo AP kick off model.

Takes a few boxes (4 - 5) of heavier shot to 'break in' the automatic function. Chokes have a light feel to them, although they seem to work effectively.

General Comments
Overall I like this gun. It is my first semi auto. I normally use an O/U but I felt I should give a semi a try. After 5 or 6 boxes, I got the hang of this gun. I was really pleased. It is a good weight. The kick off feature makes it a very 'soft' gun to shoot. I shot about 10 - 15% better than I normally do with my O/U. Maybe it was the fact it was a new gun. Maybe it was the confidence I could break the birds. But using 2 3/4 normal load 8's, I came close (but not 100%) to going 25 straight. I let some others at my club shoot it. They liked it. One other member has the same model. He likes his as well.