Written on: 14/06/2008 by eastmand411 (1 review written)
Good unit and get you where you want to go, but sometimes gets you a little confuse.
Sometimes it has old data and it want to route you back 500 feet before it has you turn around and proceed. This mainly happens on highway exits and intersections. The feature for turn now in 1000 feet and again in 600 feet gets a little confused as it tries to keep up with the distance. Also, sometimes it takes up to 10 minutes to connect to the satelite.
The Becker Traffic Assist is filled with features, but the updates are slow to come and the response from the contact location could be weeks at best. It is frustrating waiting and then the responses are not what you expect. I can say, I did have the Decompression Error, and after contacting the company, about a week later I had the instructions in email. Below you will see how to fix the decompression error. If you follow these steps, you will be back up and running in no time.
1. connect the Becker Traffic Assist 7934 unit via USB cable to your computer. (is ActivSync already installed on your PC ? if not, follow the prompts to do so and set up a partnership) or insert the SD card into a card reader.
2. insert the backup DVD and start the DVD
3. choose "English"
4. choose "Transmit maps"
5. choose "North America" then choose transmit maps again.
6. a window will pop up: "transmit via card reader" or "transmit via Activesync"
(via card reader takes 20 min. / via ActivSync direct into the unit takes 40
Minutes or more)
7. a window pops up: "Your memory has insufficient space for the chosen map.
However, the "Hawaii.map has been found on the memory card. Would you like to delete "Hawaii.map"?
8. click "NO"
9. when "North America" shows up please click "YES"
10. then the Map will be reinstalled to the SD card (you will see a window with the installation time)a message will pop up when it is complete, then the problem should be solved.
As rated by our community of reviewers
" Very Happy Customer! Will recommend to anyone! " Read More
" Thanks " Read More
" Do not buy anything from this website! " Read More
" Brilliant bit of kit " Read More
" Very very VERY poor " Read More