Honda Deauville Review

• Build quality

• Reliability

MikeHS's review of Honda Deauville

“I hope I don't get a puncture especially in the rear...”

Written on: 11/06/2008 by MikeHS (1 review written)

My Honda NT700 VA is a good looking bike, with a relaxed riding position and some wind and weather protection. I have done 2700 miles and the engine is loosening up, the performance is adequate, the fuel consumpion about 65 mpg. which is better than most other bikes. I like the practical fairing pockets, dashboard, shaft drive and panniers/ Top box. Also the excellent lights.

The bike is heavy to wheel around and its weight makes cornering require more effort.
I have had a water pipe leak by the radiator, repaired under warranty, This should be a simple job but it took the Honda dealer a long time as a lot of the bodywork has to be carefully removed and replaced to get at it. The key snapped off in the top box lock, the pannier lids are difficult to close properly, and I have been riding along and suddenly realised that my pannier lid had flopped open a couple of times. The seat is very difficult to get off and on. I don't like the clunky gearbox.

General Comments
I hope I don't get a puncture especially in the rear tyre, as removing the rear wheel is a Honda Dealer job. I only use the bike for local trips or touring, not commuting, and the excess weight was very noticable when I tried a Kawasaki Versys (180 Kgs) which floats round corners beautifully, I was tempted to buy one but the NT 700 VA is more practical, because of the shaft drive and other points mentioned.

• 2007

Year Manufactured