Emma Roy, Edinburgh Review

L88's review of Emma Roy, Edinburgh

“I called to check if my dress was in on 20th May as I...”

Written on: 10/06/2008 by L88 (1 review written)

1st Appointment was wonderful, Staff couldn't of been more helpful and honest which I really liked, they spent as much time with me as I needed till I found my dress - It was perfect

Once you walk out the shop, they wouldn't have a clue who you were if you walked back in 10mins later!!
Really got the feeling they were only after the Sale!

General Comments
I called to check if my dress was in on 20th May as I had been told it should be in then and the lady on the phone was very very rude, her attitude and tone was awful, I really felt like hanging up the phone.

She started off telling me that it takes 5-6months for any dress to come in, even although I told her that I was advised May and my wedding would be over in 5-6months!! Eventually she asked my name 'Again' and checked the computer to tell me your dress is actually in, we have sent you out a letter buy you obviously haven't got it yet - No, I replied or else I wouldn't be calling you in the first place!! Talk about tearing you hair out!

I then had a chat about what the next step was and she told me to contact the seamstress......like I was just to know who that was or how to get in touch with her, I then said I dont have my shoes so will maybe call back within the week once I have managed to choose some to that I was answered, well yes, you need shoes before you can get a fitting done and if you dont want to spend a lot of money then you can always go to New Look, they are now doing wedding shoes......Hello....who said anything about money??!!

Just wasnt happy at all, I have now been trying to call them to arrange to collect my dress and have it altered elsewhere the one time I got through to them I was told I should discuss it with a manager, the girl on the phone couldnt arrange that......needless to say, I ve been trying to contact them for the last 3 days and cant get through.....I get put on hold or someone cuts me off!!

Really bad customer service/after sales, how they are in business I do not know.

I wouldn't go back or tell any of my friend to go - Your suppose to feel excited when you dress arrives but I haven't felt this yet - Once I have it and try it on with my seamstress then Im sure I will get that lovely feeling like when I first tried it on.

468877_Bride2Be's Response to L88's Review

Written on: 23/06/2009

They tell you when you buy the dress that you have to make your own appointments.