Wilson Staff Ci7 Review

Chaser184's review of Wilson Staff Ci7

Wilson Staff Ci7

“Played the Ping G5 prior to these after finally giving...”

Written on: 09/06/2008 by Chaser184 (1 review written)

Great set up with just the right amount of offset.
Topline not too thick
Very long
Able to work these

Name recognition not quite there for today's mainstream.
From a personal point, they will not keep the lustre like a forged club, but then again, these aren't forged. (I like my clubs to always look new - guess I'll have to get over that)

General Comments
Played the Ping G5 prior to these after finally giving up the players clubs (Titleist 735). Needed something to give me some help when the swing wasn't quite right and the G5's did a good job, but because of the extreme offset, was getting too much help to the left side of the fairway. These Wilson's fit the bill with the lesser offset.

These CI7's are extremely long (but are a little over in standard length and the lofts are bent a touch stronger). They provide good, solid feedback, so you know where you struck the ball. These have provided me with the confidence that I can now stick the green on approach shots and they will hold. I;m not a great player, but do okay on occasion (playing to about a 15 right now) - I feel these clubs will take me to the next level and don't see the need to shop any further.

Do yourself a favor - don't take my word for it, go find a demo day and try these out. You will be surprised. They won't be for everyone, but I think they will start making their way into a few more bags this summer.

As for the 8 rating - nothing is perfect and without a sufficient amount of rounds under my belt, I can't give them that type of score - but anticipate that these will be clubs that I continue to recommend to those who might ask.