Garage Defender Review

drussellwilks's review of Garage Defender

☆☆☆☆☆

“I am very disappointed with the performance of this...”

Written on: 02/06/2008 by drussellwilks (2 reviews written)

A deterrent to the opportunist only.

Easily levered away, shows there are things worth having. Can be compromised qucilky and with no specialist tools.

General Comments
I am very disappointed with the performance of this product. I fitted it believing it to be the € ultimate € in home garage security, but how wrong I was. Last week the whole lock and shackle was levered away from the door and thieves made away with 4 very expensive bicycles, a motorbike and a selection of high quality tools.
I was disgusted by how poorly the lock was designed; being just folded metal as opposed to a strengthened weld made it easy to prise off with just a bar. The cylinder tube at the top actually makes it easier for a thief as they have something to lever against.
I spoke to Master Lock about this.
So what you are saying is the lock worked fine until the thief broke it? Surely the lock should be designed not be violated, and if it is compromised then it has not been designed correctly.
I would urge anyone to think very carefully before wasting your money on these locks, I paid nearly £70 for mine, and whilst yes, it will deter an opportunist, the product cannot be trusted to protect anything. I would have been better off using a superior product, and an alarm.