Strada, Brighton Review

From 1 review
  • Quality of service

• Quality of food

aimee ogrady's review of Strada, Brighton

“Although the food was fantastic, the service really...”

Written on: 31/05/2008 by aimee ogrady (1 review written)

The food itself was excellent cannot complain.

I feel the service at Strada, Brighton Marina Village was absolutely appalling, after arriving my sister and i waited 15mins before anyone came over to take our drinks order, then they bought the wrong main and had to take it back they forgot about our drinks completely and when I prompted for them they did finally bring them and said they were comp. we had also ordered some garlic bread simple enough you would think but No, they never bought it at all and when i asked one of the waitresses where it was, as it had been 25mins after they had said it was on its way, she never returned in fact we didn't see her again for the rest of the evening. When the time came to ask for the bill, I had to wait 20mins before a waiter came to the outside dining area and then when he bought it over, it was to find that they had put half of the next tables food and there supposedly comp round of drinks on to our bill as well as our drinks that were supposed to be free and the garlic bread which we had never even got. it then took 3 attempts to get the the bill down to what we had actually eaten, and they had the cheek to offer a voucher for a complimentary bottle of wine on our next visit, and added there 10% gratuity...... absolutely ridiculous!!!

General Comments
Although the food was fantastic, the service really let this restaurant down, I could understand if it had been packed and really busy but there couldn't have been more than 8-10 checks coming through as there was hardly anyone there.

• Italian

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Family-oriented