Woolworths - www.woolworths.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Woolworths - www.woolworths.co.uk

☆☆☆☆☆

“I ordered a 32' TV from my local Woolworths. I was...”

Written on: 30/05/2008

I ordered a 32' TV from my local Woolworths. I was told I would receive it by the 22nd May 08 and that the item was in stock. On the 22nd May I received a phone call saying the TV was out of stock but the money £359.10p had been taken out of my account and I could go into the store to get a refund. EASY I went into the store.
Lady phoned order people and was told by the gentleman on the phone that the money has not come out of the account, we only take the money out of the account when the item has been dispatched. I thought oh that's good saves any hustle.

On the 23rd I went online into my account only to discover the money was taken out of my account on the 19th May ( I wasn't very happy). I phoned up ISO explained to the young person what had happened and I was told that I wouldn't have been able to get a refund in the store for some reason and my card would be debited but it has to go through to another dept to be authorized.

On the 24th I phoned up again to make sure the money had been debited only to be passed from pillow to post. One person telling me to go in store to get a refund another telling me the money had gone back onto my card and finally to be told it hasn't gone onto my card but it will be done immediately yet again.

Well today is 29th May 08 I have gone into my account and low and behold no refund.

I have just phoned Woolworth's and had to explain my predicament yet again only to be told that it wasn't clear on the screen if I needed a refund.

It said on the computer screen that this order had been discontinued my order has been cancelled and the money had been taken out of my account why would I not need a refund I asked if i could go in the store where i ordered it from and get a refund put on my card.

He said it wasn't possible to do it that way as it was ordered through ISO. Hang on a minute they took my money in store so why cant they refund in store. HE went and spoke to a supervisor she said the money would be refunded immediately. (Yet again) but it could take 3-5 days.

Each time i ring up after being asked for the order number i am asked to explain the problem all over again and again and a record is not kept.

I am absolutely irate Woolworth's were quick enough to take the money out of my account but it seems that there is a total lack of communication.

This isn't the 1st time I have had a problem getting an ISO refund from Woolworth's.

And I certainly wont be ordering again.

• Not Set! Not Set!