Garmin nuvi 250 Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

dizzyfizzy1's review of Garmin nuvi 250

Garmin nuvi 250

“I bought the Garmin Nuvi 250 to replace the TomTom one...”

Written on: 27/05/2008 by dizzyfizzy1 (32 reviews written)

Easy to use, Speed camera updates, points of interest, Slim design, Great windscreen mount and the dashboard disc to put the mount onto.

Expensive updates and no USB cable.

General Comments
I bought the Garmin Nuvi 250 to replace the TomTom one that I had before, I was going to buy another TomTom but the salesman at Halfords told me to take a look at the Garmin Nuvi 250 as he said it was a lot more value for money.

I need a sat nav that is reliable, fast and easy to use and hard wearing as I use it every day for my locksmiths business.

Compared to the TomTom I had before this Garmin really is in a different league, it is smaller, stronger, easier and faster to use and the mount is small unlike the large bulky one that the TomTom had. Another thing I like about the Nuvi is that it comes with a small disc that sticks onto your dashboard for the mount to stick onto so that you don't leave suction marks on your windscreen that you get with most other satnavs out there. The other great thing is that you get 3 months speed camera alerts for all of Europe free but after the free period you have to pay each year to update them and it isn't cheap so I haven € t bothered. The other downside is that you don't get a USB cable included in the box to update it with but the old TomTom one cable fits it so it is no real problem. The Garmin seems to be a lot faster at picking up the satellites and mapping out the route then my TomTom was which is vital for my work when responding to emergency callouts. The points of interest's on the Garmin are great, they even have the phone numbers for the hotels that it brings up so that you can call ahead to make sure they have a room before you head to it. The other thing you can do with the Garmin is mark on the Satnav where you currently are so that if you want to return to that same point again later you don't have to enter the address or post code to find it again saving you more time. The battery life is also great, I have driven form York to East London and then onto Tilbury in Essex without having to recharge the battery (over 4 hours of driving).

After having this Garmin and using it almost every day I will probably stick to Garmin from now on.

They are also great sat nav accessories available for it such as a leather protective carry pouch and stylus pens at very reasonable prices.

I would recommend the Garmin Nuvi 250 to anyone and will only buy Garmin from now on.

• Great Britian & Europe

Area Covered

• None

What extra features are on this model?

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Gilberttopo's Response to dizzyfizzy1's Review

Written on: 29/12/2008

I found this review helpful because...My family brought this for my christmas and I was a bit concerned that it was not what I would have brought but the information he has provided has put my mind at rest thanks.