Restaurant Le Bistrot D'Alain, Los Cristianos, Tenerife Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

etall's review of Restaurant Le Bistrot D'Alain, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

“I love Restaurant Le Bistrot D'Alain in Los...”

Written on: 26/05/2008 by etall (2 reviews written)

Small and friendly.
Great food.

Closed in June!
Service sometimes slow.

General Comments
I love Restaurant Le Bistrot D'Alain in Los Christianos. It's unashamedly french, providing specials in french on a blackboard in addition to the printed menu (in many languages).

We've been going here for many years, it's one of the first restaurants we ever visited in Tenerife and we keep going back. It's cosy, the food is classic french and well prepared.

Steaks are always perfect, soups are full of flavour, salads are classic and wonderfully dressed. Blackboard specials are a real treat, with snails, rabbit, foie gras and scallops frequently available.

Desserts are simple, classic and delicious.

I've had the (very) occasional disappointing dish, much the same as with frequent visits to any restaurant, but given the number of times we've eaten here, this pales beside the number of fabulous meals.

Always book, and eariler is better. As the evening wears on and Alain is overlaoded with orders things can get slow - he's in the kitchen on his own. If you don't mind space between courses this shouldn't bother you, though.

I can't recommend this restaurant enough. I know it's not Canarian, but if you eat out just once in Tenerife it should be here.

• French

Food Type

• Several times a month

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all