Proclear Compatibles Review

nknep's review of Proclear Compatibles

☆☆☆☆☆
Proclear Compatibles

“I have worn contacts for 17 years and have never had...”

Written on: 16/05/2008 by nknep (1 review written)

NONE

They have NO longevity.

General Comments
I have worn contacts for 17 years and have never had so many problems and this is the first time I've ever torn a contact. Just a bit of background, my perscription corrects for strong farsightedness and astigmatism. I use Clear Care solution every night and wear my contacts for ~18 hours a day. Anyhow, within 5 days of wearing my new Proclears the right one ripped. Two days later, the left one ripped. Fortunately these were trials so I did not yet buy the year supply. My doctor ordered another set of trials and 2 weeks later the right one ripped. These contacts are supposed to last 1 month. In the past, I often exceed the life expectancy of the contacts I wear and they never tear, just become uncomfortable (probably from protien deposits or something). I don't understand why my doctor keeps pushing these as the highest end contacts. Surely having such rubbish in your eyes is not healthy.