Norton Internet Security 2007 Review

adrianlondon's review of Norton Internet Security 2007

☆☆☆☆☆
Norton Internet Security 2007

“Despite buying the package in good faith, when I...”

Written on: 12/05/2008 by adrianlondon (1 review written)

None as far as I am concerned - unable to use for substantial proportion of subscription period - see below.

General Comments
Despite buying the package in good faith, when I upgraded PCs and entered my product key into the trial version installed on my new PC, Norton didn't recognise my single-user subscription (which still had several months to run). Initially I received some support from Symantec's support team, but this did not resolve the issue as far as I am concerned. I told them their solution hadn't worked, and then heard absolutely nothing. My protection expired and still there was no word from Symantec. I then asked them to refund the balance of my subscription, and, again, got no response at all, despite sending a follow up email of complaint.

Norton seemed to me to be much more concerned with protecting their intellectual property without any solid evidence that it had been violated than with protecting paying customers from computer viruses.