Intel Celeron Review

• Ease of Set Up

Guest's review of Intel Celeron

Intel Celeron

“I build a lga775 pentium 3.0GHz(pentium 320 I think)...”

Written on: 11/05/2008

*low power 42W, my whole system rates under 90W at heavy load with a killawatt meter(excluding monitor and speakers)
*low price(median for a Celeron-L 420 is around $43)

Nothing at all

General Comments
I build a lga775 pentium 3.0GHz(pentium 320 I think) that lags in comparison to this chip. For moderate video encoding, cd/dvd ripping and serious office application use, this is the chip to go with. Most people would complain about the onboard cache memory being low. Hey, it works better than a P4 3.0Ghz single core chip, so I can't complain. My system has a 80GB hdd and 1GB(512MB x2 dual channel) ddr2 667 and I've had no problems with performance. I had it running with xp pro sp2 for 31 days with no reboot. Temperature stays low, but I keep the CPU fan on all the time just to be sure. I don't believe that most people need/benefit from the dual core chips and three times the price. There is a reason most OEM's go with this chip. Compare gateway, dell, hp. I think you should be able to find a system on each site with this chip.

• Ease of Set Up