Leica C1 Review

Rybecka.'s review of Leica C1

“The Leica C1, built by Matsushita/Panasonic in Japan...”

Written on: 13/11/2001 by Rybecka. (1 review written)

A robust, aluminum body; attractive styling; most importantly, an excellent, Leica-engineered lens which yields superb photographs with the Leica C1.

Not weatherproof (although I have used it in light rain while traveling); arguably relatively expensive at $429 US (a Canon or Minolta point-and-shoot with comparable specs costs approx $200 US), but then again, you get what you pay for.

General Comments
The Leica C1, built by Matsushita/Panasonic in Japan to Leica (the legendary German camera company) specifications, has a crackling 38-105mm zoom lens and an array of flash options (anti-red-eye, automatic flash, flash always on, flash always off, slow-speed flash).

Although I have received very good results with Fujichrome Sensia 100 slide film, I prefer to use print/negative film, such as Agfa Optima 400 or Fuji Superia 400 (both of which I have reviewed in the Film category), with this camera.

Most pictures I have taken with this camera have come out perfectly, although I must also give credit to the excellent Agfa and Fuji print films mentioned in the previous paragraph.

6320_Jgfj.'s Response to 5776_Rybecka.'s Review

Written on: 26/11/2001

told me very little about this camera and a lot about his reviews of fuji film

Bowleggedfreak.'s Response to 5776_Rybecka.'s Review

Written on: 29/08/2002

This is silly...I have only one thing to say to this crazy guy...he is just plain silly crazy.
<br>
<br>I have a c1 and it kicks...booo-tay!
<br>
<br>I took a picture of my cat with it, and his fur came out so real looking. I set the picture of my cat on the television, and my grandmother (who has depth perception problems) thought it was my cat sitting up there. I don't know how long she sat there calling "here kitty kitty, here kitty kitty".