Fuji Superia 400 Review

Rybecka.'s review of Fuji Superia 400

Fuji Superia 400

“This is an excellent film which yields superb results...”

Written on: 13/11/2001 by Rybecka. (1 review written)

An excellent "all-around" color print/negative film with very wide exposure latitude; available at most shops.

None.

General Comments
This is an excellent film which yields superb results with most point-and-shoot cameras (in my case, my excellent Leica C1 compact).

In the USA, this film is also marketed as Superia X-TRA.

I have also purchased the same emulsion through B&H Photo in New York as Fujicolor Press 400 (available in packs of 5 and 20, although B&H will sell individual canisters).

I have received excellent prints on Agfa, Fuji, and Kodak Royal (the latter not to be confused with the typing-paper-thin Kodak Paper marketed by most drugstores) papers.

Jgs.'s Response to 5773_Rybecka.'s Review

Written on: 25/02/2002

how about GRAIN, Definition, Sharpness, How big an enlargement will it take? Like 16x20 ? How does it compare to Kodacolor??

Guest's Response to 5773_Rybecka.'s Review

Written on: 15/03/2012

marc - To me, it makes more sense to compare the Fuji X100 to the Leica X1 than to the M9. The M9 is just a dneierfft camera system and price leauge.I am surprized though that you find the X100 to be an expensive point and shoot camera yet prefer the Leica X1 that offers no more (imo rather less features) at a 50% higher price I agree that the X100 AF is barely usable at low light. I tried to shoot a wedding last weekend and was glad I had the 5D MK II to save me once we moved indoors Beautiful images. I especially like the b&w ones