Kodak EasyShare EX1011 Review

sickleban's review of Kodak EasyShare EX1011

☆☆☆☆☆
Kodak EasyShare EX1011

“Do not waste your time or money on the Kodak EasyShare...

Written on: 04/05/2008 by sickleban (1 review written)

1. Image quality is decent.
2. Ability to set portrait or landscape orientation.

1. Uses poor Windows Media sharing for wireless viewing instead of being able to just wirelessly copy files to it.

2. No way of combining different picture sources into a slideshow, i.e. some from Kodak Gallery, some from flash card, etc., or even just cycle thru them.

3. Cannot specify which device to auto-display pics from on startup.

4. If files are saved with progressive scanning in photoshop, the frame chokes on them, gives an error that the pic is corrupt.

5. Takes a lifetime to scroll through photos on the camera when browsing folders if many pics in the folder.

6. If you have many pics, the frame takes a lifetime to start up and often freezes when doing so. I cringe when its time to power it off, connect it to my PC and add new pics.

7. If many pics in a Kodak Gallery, it seems to stop displaying after awhile, forcing you to manually start over.

8. Does not seem to offer all functions if you only use the built-in buttons, you must have the remote to be able to completely maneuver through menus, features, etc.

9. If you have a large # of photos, it seems to cause the manual advance to be extremely sluggish. I have my photos set to 10 seconds display, and once I got over 2000 photos on it, it takes longer than 10 seconds to manually advance if I try to.

General Comments
Do not waste your time or money on the Kodak EasyShare EX1011 frame, or any other Kodak frames, as I would have to believe they are just as bad.

I purchased it primarily for the wireless capability, however the implementation of wireless on this frame is possibly the worst piece of engineering I've ever seen.

This was definitely not designed with usability in mind. I eventually turned off the wireless antenna and just stuck a 2GB flash card in it.

And even that works pretty poorly, per the comments above under Bad Points.

Overall a terrible value, I venture I could have spent $150 less and gotten a better frame by another manufacturer.