Land of Leather www.landofleather.co.uk Review

cainey1959's review of Land of Leather www.landofleather.co.uk

☆☆☆☆☆

“On boxing day I order a suite for £2,000 plus...”

Written on: 30/04/2008 by cainey1959 (1 review written)

Every aspect of dealing with land of leather

General Comments
On boxing day I order a suite for £2,000 plus insurance of £250. We paid our deposit with the balance to be paid when the suite arrived at the depot. This was going to take approximately 14 weeks.

Upon checking my insurance I found that the additional policy that I was to purchase from land of leather was duplicated. I telephone the branch - Truro to cancel the policy. The manager promptly telephone me back to inform that I had to return a leather kit that was given as a gift or pay £45 although it was clearly marked on my reciept as free of charge.

The manager was so rude that we did nothing just awaited a call from the warehouse. When the call was received we were told that unless we paid the full amount plus either the insurance or the leather kit that they would not delivery my suite. We called the manager of land of leather who point blank refused the payment. We wrote to the head office to inform them of what had happened. We did not get a reply. One week later I wrote again requesting the courtesy of a reply. When the reply came the manager agreed to take our monies and that the leather kit was indeed free of charge.

Delivery was arrange for the Monday. We gave our settee away on the Sunday to make room for the delivery. Monday arrived with a call from the driver who told us he had the wrong colour suite on board. Ok mistakes do happen but he assured us delivery would take place on Thursday of that week. We brought two bean bags from the spare room and plonked ourselves down to await Thursday. Another phone call informed us that delivery would not be until the Friday as that was the designated day for our area.

By Friday both my husband and myself were feeling very stiff as we are both disabled and found it quite a challenge getting on and off the bean bags!! No telephone call was recieved as we had been promised. Once again we had to telephone the very arrogrant manager who informed us that they did not know were our suite was!! This has just gone on and on, week after week. It is now 18 weeks since we ordered the suite and four weeks since they took our £2,000 so I wrote once again to the head office.

That was last week and to date I have not had any contact from anyone at Land of Leather. How they have treated us is disgusting with no customer care skills and that starts from the top management. So here we sit on our bean bags, no suite and £2,000 lighter.

Tomorrow we are going to see our solicitor who may get a reply from them.

All I can advise anyone who is going to deal with this company is do your research first as I would not like anyone to go through the upset that myself and my husband have since we started to deal with land of leather four months ago.

• suite cost £2,000

Rogerhigman's Response to 363383_cainey1959's Review

Written on: 04/06/2008

I had the same misfortune. will not go there again.