Garmin nuvi 660 Review

• Map Accuracy

TerenceWatts's review of Garmin nuvi 660

☆☆☆☆☆
Garmin nuvi 660

“Garmin have a poor assistance policy; when I finally...”

Written on: 30/04/2008 by TerenceWatts (3 reviews written)

Very few. It will navigate properly SOME of the time

Where do I start? It won't update the safety camera database; it freezes and has to be rebooted - after which it tries to navigate you home instead of your destination; it abruptly places your location miles away from where you actually are; it appears to be invisible to my PC.

General Comments
Garmin have a poor assistance policy; when I finally do get some response from them, they told tell me that the problem is in my PC because of a Java fault - and finally had the unit back to replace it. The second one - and the third - had similar faults. Eventually, there was a screen sharing session in which Garmin could see that my PC would not recognise the unit. Working remotely, their representative reinstalled Java, said that I had to use a different browser because IE 7 wouldn't work with it (nothing about that in their advertising) and installed Firefox. The unit then was recognised and downloaded the database... but returned to no recognition problems only two days later.

This time, Garmin told me that I have a Java problem in my PC and they cant help.

The problem has existed since one month after I purchased the unit in July last year and there is no option of a refund or replacement.

Garmin are disappointing as far as after-sales support I have ever met!

• UK & Europe

Area Covered

• None

What extra features are on this model?

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Tom H's Response to TerenceWatts's Review

Written on: 02/05/2008

Navman might he an option for you. I've dealt with their customer services and they are generally helpful...