The Dog & Lemon Guide Review

DuncanJR's review of The Dog & Lemon Guide

“The Dog and Lemon Guide really gives you the info on...”

Written on: 24/04/2008 by DuncanJR (1 review written)

It is very critical of almost every car, usually justifiably so but many people I have talked to about it seem to feel that it can sometimes be too harsh. But with all the glossy car magazines telling you how great every car is because they get paid to say so it is refreshing and perhaps restores the balance somewhat.

Nevertheless it is not recommended for enthusiasts as a resource on feeling good about the car you love.

General Comments
The Dog and Lemon Guide really gives you the info on which cars are worth buying and how much to pay for them. How safe they are, how reliable, how to check if they have problems and what problems to check for.
I would estimate that the Dog & Lemon Guide has saved me around $1500 car purchases and repairs and I only buy very cheap economical cars. For someone that buys new and/or expensive models this figure would be very much higher.I think I got my $25 worth.
This website is aimed at people who see cars merely as a form of transportation and want them to be as cheap and trouble free as possible.