Navman S30 Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Fozzplod's review of Navman S30

Navman S30

“I've only had the S30 a few days and it was my first...”

Written on: 22/04/2008 by Fozzplod (8 reviews written)

Easy to use, reliable

No blue tooth or traffic info, sound is a little low

General Comments
I've only had the S30 a few days and it was my first venture into the world of Sat Navs, so in real terms I have nothing to compare it with.

That aside, I found it quick to set up and use, and the menus speak for themselves.

It has clear maps with auto-zoom depending upon your speed. It's actually found every 'quickest' and 'shortest' route that I normally take when I tested it and only once have I been a little out of the way - but even then we're talking about a quarter of a mile.

There are some good features on there, everything you would expect from a good Sat Nav. I am missing the blue tooth and I would really like the traffic warnings and detours, but then what do you want for £99, jam on it?

My only gripe is the sound. When you're travelling at speed it's a little quiet for my liking - my Ford Focus isn't the quietest of cabins however so it could just be that.

Overall verdict - If you are agonising over which Sat Nav to choose for your entry level, this has to be one of the best. Plenty of features and very reliable. Who needs jam!?

• UK

Area Covered

• POI, auto zoom, turn by turn directions,

What extra features are on this model?

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

371807_Smil E's Response to Fozzplod's Review

Written on: 05/06/2008

I have a Navman 30, I have used it in the car and my battery on the nav man still seems to go down, how should I set my battery so that it works in the car without using up my battery.