Gamo P-800 Review

Ivan helovanitch's review of Gamo P-800

“Nice little pistol for the price £40, I find this...”

Written on: 11/01/2004 by Ivan helovanitch (2 reviews written)

Cheap, well costructed even though it's plastic.

I found this pistol was not very accurate.

General Comments
Nice little pistol for the price £40, I find this pistol nice to hold and light,it shoots a fair distance about 3 to 400 yards but it dosen't seem to be very accurate. I find it difficult to use the sights to improve my shooting its like they move, yes it could be me but I also use a crosman 338 and with this I can shoot a baked bean off the top of a pencil at about 15 feet without hitting the pencil. OK that might not be impressive but I'm 43 and my sight isn't as good as it used to be, I couldn't do that with the p800, but the 800 is still a really good pistol for its money. Its certainly better than the smk g10 and 2005 or any simular smk pistol of the same price range, I would say to you if you want a pistol to mess around with this is the one. I don't regret buying it not by a long shot but I am having trouble mastering it, which could be down to me.

Blackserpent's Response to Ivan helovanitch's Review

Written on: 05/02/2004

I quite agree with this review. I have a GAMO p800 and I find it "pellet fussy". Sometimes it hits the target, sometimes I don't know where the pellet travels. The best I can do so far is hitting a coke tin at, let's say, 15-20 yards. (not that bad, after all...). It's possible to set up the rear sight of the gun... but I 've lost the user's manual, where this was explained! Bad luck !

Written on: 31/03/2005

I've used an s3 now and at 10m I feel it won't have enough power to penetrate, and at low powers its knockdown power isnt up to much either. I modded my 1377 to do 610fps now and its quality for rabbits at 20yards max.

Psy303's Response to Ivan helovanitch's Review

Written on: 11/01/2005

yo ray89 I do.
<br>einstein said : E = m*c^2
<br>we change c(lightspeed) into v(speed)
<br>we say : E = m*v^2
<br>m = mass of the pellet, normal at 0.0005kg
<br>v = speed of pellet, my P800 box say 100m/s
<br>=>E = 0.0005 * 100^2 = 5 Joule.
<br>! Action = Reakton !
<br>Half the Energy pushes the pellet forward,
<br>half the energy pushes the gun backwards.
<br>So the energy of the P800 Pellet is : 5 Joule/2
<br>= 2.5 Joule. !!! Always use [SI] units !!!
<br>(if you pellet travels at lightspeed it´s power is 299792458^2 m/s * 0.0005 Kg * 0.5= 22468879468421 Joules)

Written on: 23/08/2004

Yeah but could the s3 penetrate a rabbit at 10m?

Spitfire004's Response to Ivan helovanitch's Review

Written on: 12/08/2004

I agree with Danco, the S2 has more power but doesn’t look as good. Buy an s3 for a good compromise, great plinker and is good for close range pest control. Plus it has no recoil. All for £30-£50.

Ivan Helovanitch's Response to Ivan helovanitch's Review

Written on: 04/06/2004

Yes the smk is probably a better pistol but the quality is poorer and I noticed that the smk has a fibre seal at the breach of the barrel which will wear quicker than the rubber one on the gamo, also the stock which is made from a real low grade wood just like the air rifles that come from china that retail for as little as 26 pounds.

Raj89's Response to Ivan helovanitch's Review

Written on: 03/06/2004

Can anybody please tell me the power in joules of the gamo p800?

Written on: 06/05/2004

Its not a patch on the smk s2 .177, this guns. The power and accuracy isnt even in the same league as the s2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!