Acer Aspire 5315 Review

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

mark19761997's review of Acer Aspire 5315

Acer Aspire 5315

“Unfortunately I bought the older version of this the...”

Written on: 18/04/2008 by mark19761997 (1 review written)

Just daft little things, but there's quite a few....

I don't like the fact that it dose not come with the operating system on a disk, so you cant just install that and run it as a machean with out all the ACER junk running in the background, in fact it doesn't come with any disks at all.

Although I believe the casing to be strong and resilient it is a little misshapen. The speaker grill for example, is slightly bent up in one corner.

I think the keyboard is cheap. It feels very? It just does not feel nice and it looks like its bowing up in the middle.

The CD/DVD draw feels just as cheap, it wobbles about to much for my liking.

Its not the most pleasurable experience running your finger across the mousepad as its the same rough material as the casing.

The mic and head phone jacks are just plainly in the wrong place *at the front*

And the back cover for the RAM is hard to get off for upgrades, I would not advise upgrading it your self as its easy to damage that cover trying to get it off. *unless you know what your doing*

General Comments
Unfortunately I bought the older version of this the Aspire 5315. It only has 512 MB of RAM, an 80 GIG HDD and no built in web cam

but Its nice for its money and i did get it with about 25% off the RRP

It looks good, casing also feels like it could take a hard knock or two and survive.

It has a very nice screen, its bright, clear, sharp, the colors are very strong and natural.

Vista was ever so slightly choppy with the 512 of RAM but i upgraded it to to 1.5 GIG, that i installed my self and it now runs beautifully...fast and smooth.

Its silent when its not laboring, the sound quality is ok, some of the *Empowering* software is ok.

it has 3 USB's and the built in wireless has a good range.

I have had it for 2 months and its nether crashed or frozen and it always did what I asked it to..

There's no such thing as perfect, I think for it a good buy for what it costs and its minor faults don't hamper it as a working machine. Its even a little stylish.

• 1 - 6 Months