Sigma 28-105 f 2.8-4 Review

• Sharpness

TonyStIves's review of Sigma 28-105 f 2.8-4

Sigma 28-105 f 2.8-4

“I have had this Sigma 28-105 f 2.8-4 lens and have...”

Written on: 09/01/2004 by TonyStIves (4 reviews written)

Good sharpness and contrast with very little CA. but some distortion. Good value for a good lens, IF you need a better lens you will have to pay more than the $200 street price.

The 28mm on a 35mm camera would be great but on my S2Pro with a MX Factor of 1.5x 28 isn't wide enough at 42mm and at full zoom the factor gives me 157.5mm telephoto, not quite enough for the sporting events I use it for. The 28-200 would be a better choice for me but it doesn't come in this f2.8-f4 like this one does. Faster apertures like a constant f2.8 would be great but Who amoung us can afford that?

General Comments
I have had this Sigma 28-105 f 2.8-4 lens and have been using it on my Fuji S2Pro for about 4 months now. It is a very good lens for me. I have had no problems with lens creep or other complaints I hear about. For a cheaper (about half the price of a Nikkor) it gives me great, contrast and sharp images from wide to telephoto. The zoom ring and controls are nicely placed and easy to use. The tulip "Perfect Hood" fits great and is a welcome, "Professional" touch, at no additional charge. I gave the lens an overall 9 points because it's not the best available but very good at the asking price. I also think this lens out performe some similar Nikon lenses I have seen.

• Sharpness

Tukei Kennedy's Response to TonyStIves's Review

Written on: 11/12/2009

I found this review helpful because...THE INFORMATION HE GIVES IS NOT EXAGGERATED. i MYSELF HAVE USED THIS LENS FOR 4 YEARS NOW AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS. I HAVE ORDERED FOR A NIKON 5000 BODY ONLY ON WHICH I INTEND TO USE THIS LENS. MY FEARS ARE THAT IT MAY NOT BE COMPARTIBLE ENOUGH WITH MOST OF THE RECENT TECH ON 5000
<br/>