Canon EOS 10D Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

MarkAllison's review of Canon EOS 10D

Canon EOS 10D

“I have owned Canon EOS cameras since 1990 starting...”

Written on: 07/01/2004 by MarkAllison (1 review written)

Very easy to use, superb image quality, backward compatibility.

A tad expensive, 1.6x focal length magnification can be a surprise to some.

General Comments
I have owned Canon EOS cameras since 1990 starting with an EOS 600, then moving to an EOS 100. I bought the Canon EOS 10D in August 2003 and I am absolutely stunned by the qality.

I was one of those people that was very happy using normal film on my old EOS 100. I didn't think that digital cameras could match the quality of a good film like Fuji Reala, or Fuji Velvia.

How wrong I was. The EOS 10D has shown to me beyond any doubt that a good digital camera is as good as, and in some cases better than the old "analogue" EOS cameras. I can now shoot 20 or so images and throw away 19 of them to get that "perfect" shot without worrying about film costs.

Amazing camera. I am using it with a 100mm F2 lens and intend to buy a 50mm f/1.4 lens for portrait work as the lens gets magnified by 1.6. So, my 100mm lens looks like 160mm lens, which is too long for me. However, some people may view this "feature" as a positive.

• Image Quality