Midas Diamonds Manchester Review

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

spook's review of Midas Diamonds Manchester

“When looking for wedding rings we ventured into Midas,...”

Written on: 06/01/2004 by spook (48 reviews written)

Great service.

Not much on display.

General Comments
When looking for wedding rings we ventured into Midas, thinking that even though we probably couldn't afford anything in the shop, they might have some suggestions. I have very small hands and couldn't find a thin enough wedding band to match my engagement ring that wasn't covered in tiny diamonds and very gaudy.

Much to my surprise, they did have a couple of reasonably priced simpler items. The service was phenomenal, the gentleman helping us made all sorts of recommendations about styles which would be appropriate based on what we wanted. The selection of items was larger than I expected in such a small store. We ended up buying my wedding band, but couldn't afford one for my fiance (now husband), even though they did have a couple that he liked that we hadn't seen elsewhere.

The only real downside is the shop seems small and most of the jewelry is not on display so you really do have to sit down with a sales assistant and explain what you want so that they can then go in the back and bring out a selection of items to try. On the other hand, it means you do get a very personal service.

• Not Set! Not Set!