Ford Fiesta Mk4 1.25 Zetec Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Guest's review of Ford Fiesta Mk4 1.25 Zetec

“I have a Ford Fiesta MK4 'R' Reg 1.25 Zetec 16V with...”

Written on: 10/04/2008

Quite fast for a small-ish engine size.
Corners and handles great.
Looks neat.

Drivers side door lock brakes easily.

General Comments
I have a Ford Fiesta MK4 'R' Reg 1.25 Zetec 16V with electric windows and central locking. This car is great for me and as my first car its a lot better than i expected to get for the cost. The version i have seems to be rare as i can't find anyone else with one except for 2 for sale on ebay. I have had some problems with my car as it overheated due to the previous owner not keeping the water container topped up which has meant i have had to replace the head gasket, a valve and get the head skimmed. We also found that a pipe had broken on the engine which was causing a surge in the idle tick-over but it was easily replaced with a pipe taken from a scrap yard. The car is now in great working order and i hope to keep it for some time. It recently passed its MOT with NO problems which doesn't happen often on a car thats 11 years old. Thumbs up for my little fiesta.

• 1997

Year Manufactured

• Practicality

• Reliability

Sammie616's Comment

Written on: 20/11/2008

I have a MK4 16v zetec too, and I've found it quite hard to find another one so I can get a replacement door. Bit of a sad story really. Was in a multi-storey and somebody opened their door onto my car and dented the whole front part of it in! Is your's white? and does it have blue interior?