TGI Fridays Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

lorna1's review of TGI Fridays

“The TGI's I visited was in Cheshire Oaks, Ellesmere...”

Written on: 30/03/2008 by lorna1 (7 reviews written)

We liked the non alcoholic cocktails - they were very good - it bothered me though that I couldn't see the state of the fruit that went in them since the area for making them was at the back of the bar area

One of four different waiters that served us tried to be helpful, though he did fail despite best intentions

For a family restaurant, the Children's Menu is poor, merely reading it made me want to leave right then, but having two hungry children with me made me stay rather than walk out. The food they received still managed to fall short of my expectations.

General Comments
The TGI's I visited was in Cheshire Oaks, Ellesmere Port. Bear in mind it was early in the evening - 5.30 on a Saturday and we still had to wait 15 minutes for a table - I think this is deliberate to make you visit the bar as there were plenty of tables, they were just all filthy. The bar staff took 15 minutes to serve us and then clearing glasses whilst doing so. The menu looked poor and the children's worse than that - we were not offered any colouring in packs for the children. At this point, had I not had children with me I would have simply walked out and found somewhere else - there are plenty in Cheshire Oaks - true to expectation the food received was pretty poor and it was overpriced. My children got fries rather than smiley faces as they were out of stock and my daughter who ordered carrots and cucumbers only got cucumbers. Don't think we'll darken their door again.

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Lively

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

• TGI Fridays, Cheshire Oaks

Restaurant name & location

Cptman's Response to lorna1's Review

Written on: 20/04/2008

I agree with this review because... it s a classic case of style over substance.