Morphy Richards 47505 Roma Review

• Style

• Service & Support

shanestrong's review of Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“I researched coffee machines for two weeks before...”

Written on: 26/12/2003 by shanestrong (2 reviews written)

Fantastic coffee, simple to use, this thing is built like a tank...solid, it feels like it will last forever.

could do with a coffee-pod converter

General Comments
I researched coffee machines for two weeks before buying this one. It seems Gaggia is what most people want, but I had a look at them and if you've owned anything Italian (mechanical) youll understand me when I say it looks thrown together, you know something is going to break, but you dont know what or when! and most reviewers who have owned one said they go rusty without constant maintenance.

There are also plenty of plastic machines available and I was surprised to find a top manufacturer in this category..Krups...sorry, but for the huge amounts of money being asked, no thanks. So I bought the Morphy Richards, I'm sure they've made a mistake with the price,£89. It's made of stainless steel, weighs twice as much as any other machine, is built like a Mercedes car and makes superb coffee (my wife's a coffee addict) And if thats not enough, it's the only machine which comes with a two-year guarantee from the manufacturer. A £400 Gaggia could manage 12 months at best.

If it's really a good coffee machine you're after and not a status symbol for your kitchen, I fully recommend this machine.

153218_Julianicholson's Response to shanestrong's Review

Written on: 27/04/2004

It was really helpful to read this review. I wanted to buy an espresso maker for my husband as a present but know nothing about coffee making myself. It seemed that the Morphy Richards 47505 fitted the bill for my needs (quality and price) but I wondered if I should really buy a Gaggia because it is a tried and tested make, but...they are so expensive! So you have set my mind at rest. Thank you!