Hotpoint WD440 Review

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Hotpoint WD440

☆☆☆☆☆

“Hotpoint promised a 6 month extension, then asked for...”

Written on: 30/03/2008

Looks ok. Specification ok. Service call out is rapid!

Unreliable. 5 faults in 1 year and heater packed in 1 month out of warranty. washing machine worked with the door open - my 2 year old discovered this.Program kept going out of sequence- new computer chip needed.Concrete weight came loose. Items in the drum crashed about, they said it was a 5p. Lights started flashing in the wrong sequence. It filled with water when it should dry. The dust filter is inside the unit so you have to call an engineer out or invalidate the warranty. etc etc.

General Comments
Hotpoint promised a 6 month extension, then asked for evidence, I was suckered.I was told the filter only needed cleaning and should have been charged for the call out, I was told to clean the filter- this involves opening the machine thus invalidating the warranty, I didn't fall for that one. Try asking for evidence of their 5 year parts warranty, no chance of getting one because apparently you don't need evidence of this, not until you need to use it maybe. I asked for a replacement machine they said it's down to the engineer, the engineer said its down to them, hotpoint would / could not give me any contact numbers for their replacement department. They hid behind the phone. Court would be the next step, I don't know or have time to go through this.

• Style