Beagle Review

cosmo's review of Beagle

Beagles are a dog breed that have gotten a raw deal,...”

Written on: 24/12/2003 by cosmo (1 review written)

Cute
Great with kids

Obstinate
Hard to train

General Comments
Beagles are a dog breed that have gotten a raw deal, being a favourite for scientists to experiment on. They are also assumed to be stupid and mean and this is not the case. The 2 beagles I have raised in my lifetime have been very loyal, friendly, clever dogs. Their main failing has been their stubbornness and their dislike at being told what to do. One used to regularly talk back or punish us by misbehaving when we did not bend to her will. The other was not quite so cantankerous. Both were protective of us and made great guard dogs. I would definitely get another beagle when the time came to have a dog in the house again.

145288_Julie Lomas's Response to cosmo's Review

Written on: 26/02/2004

We have a 3 year old Beagle called Megan. Having never owned a dog before, we were naturally very concerned at the reports about Beagles being hard to train. I can honestly say that Megan was not at all hard to train. She is intelligent, loving, a great character and a great house dog. She is left for between 3 and 4 hours per day while I am at work and has never destroyed anything in our home. She is walked every day for about 1 1/2 hours and is a joy.