Ocean Village Cruises, Ocean Village Caribbean Review

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

cruise virgins's review of Ocean Village Cruises, Ocean Village Caribbean

“First and foremost bear in mind that once you are on...”

Written on: 28/03/2008 by cruise virgins (1 review written)

Clean, tidy, well organised, friendly and happy staff. Great food.

Expensive trips

General Comments
First and foremost bear in mind that once you are on the ship (presumably this goes for most cruises) that it's a 'target rich' customer environment! You will be pushed to purchase photographs, art, book places in the paid restaurants (Bistro and La Luna) excursions and the like. However, it is your choice you don't have to buy them so prepare for that and you'll be fine.

We have just returned from a two week Caribbean cruise (Sugar and Spice and Coral and Calypso) and thoroughly enjoyed our holiday. Staff are really friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and tidy, plenty of bars (if that is your thing) plenty of entertainment or you can just do nothing. Prices are comparable to the UK in terms of drinks.

We tended to get off the ship get a local taxi and get our own personalised trip of the island, it's better value for money, the taxis close to the port are all licensed by the authorities, they will drop you off at a beach and pick you up later in the day and you don't pay them until they return to the ship.

We did do some of the activity trips which were good fun, river tubing, kayaking, quad biking and cycling. All very well organised and pretty good value for money by comparison to some holidays we've been on.

Rooms on the ship (we had an outward facing one) are fine, the TV could do with updating but I didn't go on my holiday to sit in the room so it was a minor issue. Kettle, good size mugs and plenty of tea and coffee. Beach towels are provided for the sun loungers but they are not the best so you may wish to take your own.

I've read some of the reviews from other people about Butlins on sea, not formal enough etc etc etc. That certainly wasn't our experience, it was our first cruise but we have travelled widely over the years and this was certainly one of the best holidays we've had. I can normally find something to complain about when I go away BUT Ocean Village have me beaten aside from a few very minor things it was excellent.

• 13 - 27 March 2008

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Mashi's Response to cruise virgins's Review

Written on: 27/11/2009

I found this review very helpful because it covered several aspects of the cruise experience.