Weihrauch HW95 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Rikandsheila's review of Weihrauch HW95

“I have owned my HW95 in .22 for about 4 years now and...”

Written on: 21/03/2008 by Rikandsheila (2 reviews written)

Solid Weihrauch engineering and good weight. The .22 version packs an excellent punch, ideal for rabbits and small game.

Recoil is pretty bad for a rifle of this pedigree. The 'Twang' and 'Crack' of the shot is audible to anything within earshot.

General Comments
I have owned my HW95 in .22 for about 4 years now and it has performed admirably. The punch delivered by the .22 knocks over even the biggest bunnies with little effort, and it is suffice to say that when something gets hit by this rifle it stays hit. The engineering is typical Weihrauch; simple and superb with taken for granted reliability. Modern scopes make the accuracy even better, but the recoil and 'twang' takes a bit of getting used to. Make sure you hit with your first shot because the crack of the shot and twang of the spring will scare everything in the vicinity off! I am shortly having the rifle serviced, and I may try going for a powerlock spring and more efficient silencer to see if the noise levels can be reduced. I am also thinking of a gas ram conversion to see if this will reduce noise levels too. I have invested in an Air Arms PCP and this has greatly increased my hunting bags, purely because of the silence and amazing accuracy of the rifle, but believe me, both the springer and PCP are superb guns to own and use.

• Accuracy