Epiphone AJ100 Acoustic Guitar Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Guest's review of Epiphone AJ100 Acoustic Guitar

Epiphone AJ100 Acoustic Guitar

“I've bought this AJ100 in natural finish for about...”

Written on: 14/03/2008

A very good guitar for the price. I loan this guitar out a lot and get a lot of consistent remarks of how good it sounds. I think the sound is really bright and voluminous; it really helps if the guitar is in tune; the tuners on it loosen a little sometimes.

I think the neck is bending. Once on the way to a sonic youth gig in San Diego this girl I had met told me not to trust Epiphones because the necks are always bad. I didn't believe her at the time, but it so happened she was right. hmm I haven't seen here in a while..

General Comments
I've bought this AJ100 in natural finish for about US$100 in 2003 and its been pretty good to me. My guitar was made in Qingdao, China.

The body is sturdy, the sound is crisp and full and it's pretty easy to maintain; and the price for it wasn't bad. I do think that the neck on mine is a little bent, but even then the strings stay pretty well in tune.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Intermediate

Reviewer's Musical Standard