Bosch AXT 2000 HP 200w Electric Review

Tim2525's review of Bosch AXT 2000 HP 200w Electric

Bosch AXT 2000 HP 200w Electric

“I would recommend this mulcher to anyone, even with...”

Written on: 10/03/2008 by Tim2525 (1 review written)

I purchased my unit(s) some 5 to 6 yrs ago.
I do have 2 units as I worked overseas up until recently on a "Fly - in; Fly - out" basis. My wife was left to do the yard work and mulching in my absence. The reason for 2 units was the inevitable breakage of the "Chopper" arm.
When one broke the arm, then my wife could keep mulching until I came home and repaired the broken cutter arm.
We do mulch about 4 trailer loads a month ( That is the normal 6' X 4' trailer). We then move the trailer around the yard and mulch all of our gardens.
This was caused by us and not as a fault of the machine.
The cutter arm did break off occasionally but only due to being worn out or because we overstressed it beyond it's capacity.
I disagree with Mike Shearers comment about it not handling Palm Fronds.
One of the selling points to me was the fact that it would
"comfortably" mulch up a 20mm hardwood garden stake.
I have something like 38 Palms from small Golden Canes to rather LARGE Alexanders. It handles them all with no problem.
I do cut the larger fronds so that they will feed down the feed chute and it mulches away.
It was told to me by the sales people that it didn't like green, fibrous material so I was aware of that shortcoming before I purchased them.

It doesn't like the green wet stuff but as others have said in previous comments; if you use a bit of "Savvy" and feed the greener material through with the drier stuff, it is a great machine

General Comments
I would recommend this mulcher to anyone, even with palm fronds, as 99% of palm fronds only cause us annoyance by falling on the ground, when they are reasonably dry and hard.

My 2 units went under water up over the motors during recent floods and I am in contact with BOSCH Aust. and I am waiting on a reply to find a Supplier of this unit so that I can purchase another 2.