Sony DCR-TRV265E Review

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

JerseyF1's review of Sony DCR-TRV265E

Sony DCR-TRV265E

“I think my good and bad points sum it up the Sony...”

Written on: 03/03/2008 by JerseyF1 (1 review written)

Good home camera, lots of bells and whistles for it's time e.g. Nightshot, many different effects.
Simple to use
Decent battery life
Long lasting (me 2004 - 2008)
Decent compatibility with Windows and Mac OS X
Decent Picture
Great Optical Zoom for its time in 2004
Should be very cheap now.

Could have a better battery.
Uses Digital 8 instead of DVDs or even Mini DV tapes.
Could have a card slot to take pictures onto.

General Comments
I think my good and bad points sum it up the Sony DCR-TRV265E. I would recommend this camera to all and can't honestly say a bad thing about it. It has been the best Sony product I have bought and the most reliable Sony product I have bought.

Definitely is a excellent camera for use as a first time or as a home camera, would keep the kids happy to with a good spec for 2004. Also is very easy to use reinforcing the fact it is a great home camera.

The battery life is decent. It should provide 80-90 minutes of filming, although this drops much quicker with effects such as night shot on.

For me, this camera has been long lasting from 2004 all the way to 2008. I am not sure if it has developed a fault by old age but last year (2007) I did accidentally leave my camera on a tripod in the wind which resulted in it dropping to the ground. However for the past year I have only noticed dents and marks after this so it does stay strong for about a year if this fault was the case of the camera in wind method!

It has good compatibility with Mac OS X as well as Windows. This camera will only work on XP through a USB port however if you have a firewire cable, this will work in Vista with updated drivers on the internet. Mac OS X compatibility just works by connecting the camera to a firewire which is a great aid if you have a Mac.

Finally it has a decent picture. Everything is pretty clear and I reinforce that it's for home use, holidays and such will look great with the purpose this camera should be used for. Plus now it should be dead cheap, having come out in 2004.

• Over 1 Year