Ray Ban Sunglasses Review

theshootist's review of Ray Ban Sunglasses

Ray Ban Sunglasses

“I own the RayBan Rb2030 or the Predator, as they are...”

Written on: 27/02/2008 by theshootist (92 reviews written)

Stylish, contemporary looks, great UV protection, polarized lenses, lenses in either polymer or glass.

Glass lense fog up often. Fragile design. Should be adjusted by professionals for a comfy fit.

General Comments
I own the RayBan Rb2030 or the Predator, as they are called.

I have owned this pair of shades for almost 5 years now and I love them! they are the greatest pair of sunglasses ever.

I had previously dumped money into the "Oakley pit" but after a few pricey, wire frame shades lasting only a few months only to break, I decided to invest in RayBan.

I paid $140( think) for these and it was worth every single centilla!

These sunglasses are offered in a polymer (plastic) lens or an actual glass lens. Black tortoise shell or black. They have a slimline design, so they look very modern and sleek.

The glass lens is more scratch resistant, but fog up quite a bit.

The plastic lenses do not, but offer a better weight reduction (which is substantial). I was later told that the reason that my frames "flex" or bend to fit my head (causing the lenses to buckle) was that I should have had them adjusted to fit my head. I suppose I could still do it, I'm just not that concerned about it.

I take my RayBan's everywhere with me! I swim, shoot and play sports in them. I can also skii and play watersports as they are polarized, offering the best glare protection available.

The polarization also makes colors brighter, while still noticeably reducing the glare instead of just darkening the lens.

The front of the lens is mirrored too! Cool for playing cards in.LOL

All sunglasses are fragile and that really does not detract from the aesthetics of the RayBan Predator. In fact, since these are not "wire Frames", they offer MUCH more durability than wire frames do. I have only had to replace the arms of the sunglasses as they had begun to break at the joints from years of use and wear. This replacement was $30(including shipping).

This is a very generic post to "lump" all RayBan sunglasses into. Much the same as having one post labeled "automobiles"

there are MANY differences to be noted in each pair of RayBans, just like any other pair of sunglasses. So for one person to say that "rayBan" sunglasses are the worst pair ever, is that persons right, but they also did not get the right pari for them. The salesperson did not help them properly, either.

Best pair of sunglasses you can buy!