Webley Patriot Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

nzCraig's review of Webley Patriot

“I'm now the proud owner of a Webley Patriot .25.I...”

Written on: 10/12/2003 by nzCraig (5 reviews written)

Very well made and finished.Very powerful and accurate.

Quite heavy and a little more effort needed to cock this rifle,but not as bad as some have made out.

General Comments
I'm now the proud owner of a Webley Patriot .25.I traded my Cometa Fenix in,as I was looking for more power.That's just what you get with the Patriot and heaps of it.I use to think my Fenix was a big air rifle,but seen it beside the Patriot made it look small.The Patriot is the type of air rifle that commands respect eveytime you pick it up.The build quality is fantastic,wood,metal etc and is a great looking rifle. Ok it's a heavy rifle and it take's a bit more effort to cock, but the pleasure I'm getting from shooting the Patriot soon make's these things no problem. As for the power, I'm going to have to make new targets,the Patriot is destroying them, metal ones included.I'm using H&N Diabalo Baracuda Extra Heavy Dome's,which I was advised to use to run it in, 50 shot's with these will see this done. Now it's run in, I'm going to try some of the other H&N products through the Patriot, hollow points,silver points etc. The Patriot's .25 pellets hit things with an unforgiving force and can see this rifle as been one hell of a hunting tool.I'm using the Tasco Varmint/Tactical 2.5 x- 10x42mm scope. I had on my Fenix,and it seems to be handling the recoil the Patriot dish's out. Nice stock and recoil pad takes care of that. Accuracey is getting better each time I use the Patriot, this is due to me getting use to the beast. If you are after a big powerful springer air rifle, I don't think you would find much better than the Webley Patriot .25.Great rifle and loving every shot that is fired through it.

• Accuracy