Pioneer BDP-LX70 Review

From 1 review

PoloPete's review of Pioneer BDP-LX70

Pioneer BDP-LX70

“Overall, I would well recommend this Pioneer HD DVD...”

Written on: 20/02/2008 by PoloPete (37 reviews written)

Fast at Loading anything - from Pioneer's welcome screen to the end of a DVD.

I think it looks really cool, not to big , jet black and no fancy neon lights that most DVD players come with these days.

Great picture quality, I would well recommend a HD DVD player, especially this Pioneer one, it really makes a difference to your film enjoyment at Home. No need for the Cinema anymore!

Final good point for me is the noise, previous DVD players I have owned used to make annoying disc noises when loading.
However I don't hear a peep out of this Pioneer DVD Player, which is very good considering it's HD software, more high-tech than the DVD players that are not!

The only bad point is the remote for me, I have a Pioneer HD TV that we bought with the TV and that has the same problem.
I can understand if you think I am being picky here, however for me the TV and DVD remote are very heavy, especially considering the first DVD I had was one of the first out, and the remote that came with that wasn't heavy at all!

Possibly a little too pricey when considering it's competitors too, I have not had much experience with HD DVD Players but from what I can tell this is one of the most expensive and I've heard information that the Sony HD DVD players are cheaper and the best?

General Comments
Overall, I would well recommend this Pioneer HD DVD Player, however when I think more into this review, maybe I am simply recommending HD DVD Players and the latest software rather than this DVD Player alone.

I personally have nothing to complain about, Pioneer seems to be of very good quality build...

For example, this DVD player is very stylish and not too big but at the same time it doesn't feel like there are any cheap bits attached to it.

It constantly gives a very high quality picture as I guess all HD DVD Players do but it doesn't moan about working to hard, for example I never hear loading mechanism, and for the speed this DVD Player loads discs I would argue this is the most positive point to make.

It is a little pricey, as all HD software is at the moment, from LCD TV's to the HDMI Cable, but in my opinion it's well worth the money.

Maybe get a few opinion on the Pioneer's competitor's as I've heard information that Sony are bring out HD DVD Players with much better quality (hard to believe) for a much better price (which is great).

As I've already moaned about the Pioneer DVD Remote is very heavy along with the TV remote we have that is also Pioneer. This of course is nothing to moan about since it does not effect the quality of the HD software... But, for me I just dont understand the reason for it as I have had many TV's and DVD's in the past (right from when they first came out) and I've never felt a remote so heavy.

I conclude that this Pioneer HD DVD Player is well worth the money and I would well recommend it to a friend. However, if I'm completely honest I'm simply recommending HD DVD Player's all together, therefore get a few price quotes on the Pioneer's competitor's and see if there is any quality difference and make your own mind up!

Mark Lucas's Response to PoloPete's Review

Written on: 25/02/2008

Either you're kicking yourself after toshiba pulled out & blu ray won the format war... or you're a retailer / rep? I thought HD was officially Dead my friend?
<br/>