Cannon Chesterfield Gas Cooker Review

• Style

• Service & Support

Heidi 1's review of Cannon Chesterfield Gas Cooker

Cannon Chesterfield Gas Cooker

“Chose a Cannon 6 months ago as I no longer could get a...”

Written on: 17/02/2008 by Heidi 1 (1 review written)

Glass lid cutting off gas supply when closed and has a timer, like my previous cooker.

Oven temperature - food takes twice as long to cook using guide lines on products especially using top oven. Have had engineer out who assures me the oven reaches correct temp but admits that the ovens are not insulated so heat loss does occur. Find this very frustrating. The grill handle is difficult to attach to pan when under the grill even using the indented shelf area. The flimsy guard that has to be attached to the shelf when grilling is a bad idea. The separate hob pan stands tend to move easy would of been better to be two long ones instead of four small ones and more substantial. (Presume small individual ones for ease of cleaning.)

General Comments
Chose a Cannon 6 months ago as I no longer could get a New World Plan 6 gas cooker (had one for 18 years and cooked like a dream). Parts not available either so nearest I could find was the Chesterfield. Ovens do condensate and cooks better when both ovens on. The overall look is good but on closer inspection find that the quality that you expect from Cannon is not there.

• 1 - 6 months

Owned Product For:

• Timer and glass cut off lid

Special Features

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

444507_Fourleafclover9's Response to Heidi 1's Review

Written on: 01/03/2009

I totally agree with Heidi 1's review of the Cannon Chesterfield Gas Cooker. The quality is just not there. I have sadly just disposed of my Cannon CD2 after 20 years sterling service and find the Chesterfield is not a patch on that model. The gas makes such a noise when it comes through the burners on the Chesterfield and the knobs are awkward to use and do not allow for enough user control. The glass lid is flimsy and there are only two shelves for the main oven. I agree with the comments about the grill pan, which is awkward to use. The handle must not be in place whilst under the heat, so the removal and subsequent re-attaching of the handle has to take place while the grillpan is in the grill, which is by no means an easy manoeuvre. I wish I had read Heidi 1's review before I purchased my new cooker. I am extremely disappointed to say the least.