Call of Duty (PC) Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

Xerxes's review of Call of Duty (PC)

Call of Duty (PC)

“Call of Duty is a great fun game, endlessly inventive...”

Written on: 04/12/2003 by Xerxes (2 reviews written)

The settings and vastness and variance of the scenery, together with the range and choice of tasks, weaponry and dangers, is really quite remarkable! It's a great, well thought of game - no doubt!

The frames per second, including turning, twisting and general animation is in my opinion extremely poor. It's far too bitty and rough. I have 128meg graphics card, 1.8gig Athlon and over a gig of RAM. Perhaps if they'd have telephoned the makers of Rainbow Six 3, they could have got some programming lessons from the masters of computer animation and movement @ Red Storm! Personally, I wasted my £££'s!

General Comments
Call of Duty is a great fun game, endlessly inventive and original with a real 'in-the-thick-of-battle' feel to it, but, sadly, let down by lousy programming, animation and general motion smoothness - no matter what the tech setting selected.

• Addiction Level

Hitto's Response to Xerxes's Review

Written on: 10/12/2003

i have none of the problems with graphics that you report . Rig is xp2500 ,512 meg ram and 9800 non pro . I have every setting maxed out . I get no slow downs or any problems at all .
<br>
<br>Possibly you could try reducing the graphical options if you are having problems . Of course a lot of this game is the graphics .

Masdebater's Response to Xerxes's Review

Written on: 31/03/2005

I love this game sooooooooo much! I love that I finally get a group of AI buddies that are competent...I'm so over being the lone soldier and being the one man that won the whole war! As for the technical stuff the game seems to run fine on my computer even running on a 32 mb graphics card and low end processor.

Handypiecannon's Response to Xerxes's Review

Written on: 06/10/2004

I dunno what youve been smoking but the frame rate of Call of Duty is fine! This game is worth every penny. (And for the record, Rainbow Six 3 is appalling!)

Xerxes's Response to Xerxes's Review

Written on: 01/03/2004

Thanks for all the feedback. It plays great on my brother\'s pc too and his is almost half the spec of mine. I guess it\'s just one of those things. It\'s a great, great game, but I can\'t play it! Every other game plays smooth as a baby\'s ass! Nevermind. Once again thanks for for helping me ID my system as being at fault.

Elephantitis's Response to Xerxes's Review

Written on: 26/02/2004

Your computer mustn\'t be upto it, because I haven\'t had any problems like that.

Monkman's Response to Xerxes's Review

Written on: 25/02/2004

I completely disagree with your rating, its completely wrong, the game runs fine, even on weak systems, and even if it didn't its still at least a 9 out of 10 game, what were you thinking??

Brains's Response to Xerxes's Review

Written on: 11/01/2004

Call of duty is a Great game. I find the animation great, I have no problem running this game,the graphics are 1st class & movement of animation very smooth & fast,I have 2.8xp Athion processer & 512 of ram, also 128mb nvida graphics card. A most buy 10/10

Smegg's Response to Xerxes's Review

Written on: 20/12/2003

I have an intel 1.7 p4,256meg ram,nvidia32meg graphics card and can run the game at medium settings without any of the afore mentioned problems, maybe the athlon processor is simply not up to the job, try running the game in safe mode and you will then see if its up to it.